Messages from the Vice Supreme Master and Master at the Fall Harvest
November 5, 2017
The following items of note were shared by Vice Supreme Master Cliff Wasmund and Master John Hundiak at the Fall Harvest meeting:
- The Color Corps will NOT be involved with the Fr. Solanus Casey Beatification Mass. Color Corps has been asked to perform a Casket Watch earlier in the day, from 8:30 am to 2:30 pm. If you are interested in participating in the Tomb Watch (similar to a Casket Watch), please click here email Master John Hundiak at email@example.com. Note that participation in the Tomb Watch does NOT guarantee entry to the beatification mass.
- Supreme has extended the discount on the new regalia. The discount is now good through the end of November. Also, when you order your new uniform, you will need to order (no charge) the color patch for your beret. That ordering for the patch is done directly through Supreme. All you need to do is to send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, rank and membership number. Your patch will be mailed to you separately from your uniform.
- New regalia only will be used by Color Corps starting July 1, 2018. We are anticipating having only about 20% of the current Color Corps available on that date and beyond. Assemblies will need to carefully consider those events for which they commit their Color Corps. Further, Assemblies need to consider those events for which any Fourth Degree member can particpate.
- Over 175 boxes were packed for Desert Angels, and over $4000 was contributed.
- Michigan District One has a new website! The new site address is: www.kofcmidistrict1.org. For the time being, if you go to the old site, you will be automatically redirected to the new site. A big thank you to SK Gene Suchyta for putting it together.
- A standard resolution process has been created and put in place. If your assembly feels compelled to write up a resolution, please follow this process. [Webmaster note: Click here for the process.]
- Upcoming dates:
- Fourth Degree Exemplification: Saturday, March 3, 2018, DeCarlo's
- District Biennial Meeting: Saturday, April 14, 2018, Our Lady of the Lakes, Waterford
- State Convention: Thursday, May 24 to Saturday, May 26, 2018, Mackinaw Island
- Fourth Degree Exemplification: Saturday, September 15, 2018, DeCarlo's
- Provincial Meeting: Friday, October 12 to Sunday, October 14, 2018, Wyndham Garden Sterling Hts, MI